Wednesday, April 27, 2011

you need to get off facebook

I swear I’ll do it! There’s no talking me down from the ledge this time.

I’ve been contemplating it for months. There are business reasons for doing it, of course. It’s like the cocaine dealer that doesn’t do drugs – they’re always the most successful. I’m not trying to compare Facebook to cocaine here, but I do believe that something can be said about my ability to break down Facebook as a business tool without the interference caused by being a daily user. In essence, by focusing 100% on Facebook as a tool for our business clients, I will be able to deliver them better results.

Still, that’s not the reason that I am considering deleting my account. This is:



If that didn’t inspire you at least a tiny bit, it’s already too late for you. You’re hooked. You’re a lifer.

Those who use Facebook every day (nearing half of the US adult population) may find it difficult to disconnect. There are so many good things about the service, allowing us to stay in touch without friends. The challenge is, are they really “friends” or are they simply acquaintances that you really don’t care about and who really don’t care about you?

It’s LOLocaust. Have you been poked lately?

How ironic would it be if you “Liked” this page on Facebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment